Nambucca Waste Management Facility
- 711 Old Coast Road, Nambucca
- (02) 6568 2170
- 7 days per week - 8:00am to 4:00pm
CLOSED PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
This facility does NOT accept cash payments.
Accepted (fees apply):
- Domestic food waste (sedans, station wagons, utes and trailers only)
- Building and demolition waste (all types of vehicles accepted)
- Concrete and bricks (must be separated from other materials) (all types of vehicles accepted)
- Green waste (sedans, station wagons, utes and trailers only)
- Asbestos – 24 HOURS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT REQUIRED (Ph 02 6568 2170) Note: Conditions Apply
- Clean fill – subject to inspection (all types of vehicles accepted)
- Recyclables (cardboard, paper, glass bottles & jars, PET & HDPE plastic bottles etc)
- Scrap metal including white goods
- Computer towers and specified e-Waste
- Hazardous chemicals (household quantities only) BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY (Ph 02 6568 2170)
- Drum Muster – Hazardous waste containers, triple rinsed and pierced BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY (Ph 02 6568 2170)
- Household Problem Waste – Please see Community Recycling Centre (CRC) information below
NOT accepted at this facility:
- Trucks & compactor units carrying domestic food waste and green waste
- Contaminated soil or fill
- Tyres – all types and sizes (return to supplier)
- Liquid waste
- Medicine disposal, syringes (return to Chemist)
- Printer cartridges (return to local Post Office)
- Large & medium deceased animals
- Oyster sticks
Community Recycling Centre
- 711 Old Coast Road, Nambucca Heads
- (02) 6568 2170
- Operating Hours:
8.00am – 4.00pm (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
8.00am – 4.00pm (Saturday, Sunday)
Closed: Tuesdays & Public Holidays
Accepted (FREE for household quantities): batteries (household, car and boat), fluorescent tubes and CFL light globes, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, waste motor oils and empty motor oil containers, cooking oil, paint, full aerosol cans.
Not all household waste can be put in your kerbside bins. Community Recycling Centres offer a FREE and EASY solution for the disposal of household problem waste such as paints, gas bottles, motor oils, car and household batteries, smoke detectors and fluorescent globes and tubes.
Many of these materials can be reused and recycled if processed correctly. Recycling helps our environment because it saves water, energy and natural resources.
Your local Community Recycling Centre is located at Nambucca Waste Management Facility, 711 Old Coast Road, Nambucca Heads, open 8am – 4pm every day (closed public holidays.)
Only household quantities of these materials will be accepted. As a guide, this is a maximum container of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each waste type.
Handle and transport your items carefully. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leakages or breakages.