Bulky Household Waste Services for Nambucca Valley LGA Residents
Note: these Bulky Household Waste services are for eligible domestic properties only.
Businesses are not eligible for these services.
FREE Kerbside Bulky Household Waste Collection for Eligible Domestic (Town) Properties
Residential properties which have the 3-bin system receive one (1) scheduled bulky household waste collection each year. Households may place up to three (3) cubic metres of compliant bulky household waste kerbside for collection.
See below for information about what items are accepted during bulky household waste collection.
The collection area is split into ten (10) zones, with each zone assigned a separate collection week. To find out when your next collection is due, CLICK HERE
FREE Bulky Household Waste Tipping Voucher for Eligible Rural Properties
If you DO NOT have a kerbside bin collection service (rural areas only), you may be eligible for one (1) Bulky Goods Tip Voucher each calendar year.
Each voucher entitles you to take up to three (3) cubic metres of bulky household waste to the Nambucca Waste Management Facility for free disposal. Present your voucher to waste facility staff and they will check your waste to ensure it fits within the allowable guidelines. Vouchers are barcoded and allocated to a specific address. They are not transferable – you may be asked to show proof of your address.
See below for information about what items are accepted when using your voucher.
To request your voucher, or to find out more information, CONTACT US
Acceptable Bulky Household Waste Items
- Bulky household items – e.g. hot water system, bikes, ironing boards, large toys etc.
- White goods – fridges, freezers, washing machines, stoves, dryers etc.
- Small electrical appliances – televisions, toasters etc.
- Furniture – bed bases, sofas, tables, chairs etc.
- Carpet/Linoleum – maximum 1.5m in length, 50kg weight
- Metal guttering, aluminium frames – maximum 1.5m in length, 50kg weight
Unacceptable Bulky Household Waste Items
- Deceased animals
- Liquid waste
- Medical waste, syringes
- Soil, sand, rocks, fill
- Hazardous materials – gas bottles, chemicals, paints, oils, asbestos, fibro etc.
- Building materials – concrete, bricks, roofing materials, fencing wire etc.
- Gas cylinders, flares, oil heaters (drop off FREE at the Community Recycling Centre)
- General household garbage
- Green waste
- Glass, mirrors
- Car batteries, car parts, tyres
- Oyster sticks